Following lunch and tours of Monash facilities, we had a great line-up of speakers:
- The Boomerang Effect: Building a tribe of loyal customers – Tim Reid, Innovative Marketing Expert & SME Commentator
- The answer is out there: Building effective research collaborations – Dr Erol Harvey Chief Executive Officer, MiniFAB and Fellow of the Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering (ATSE)
- New surfactant molecules for next generation delivery and formulation – Dr Rico Tabor, Senior Lecturer & ARC Future Fellow, School of Chemistry, Monash University
- An Industry perspective – Embedded at Monash – Graeme Pearson, Business Manager, Axieo
- Working with universities – Dr Ian James, Senior Sector Specialist, Monash University
- R&D new technologies and changing products – Matthew Weston, Senior Account Manager, Dow Consumer Solutions: Food, Pharma & Medical, Dow Chemical (Australia)
This event was supported by Biz Better Together.
Dream Ball 2017: Believe in the magic
Date: Friday, 1 September 2017, From 7pm
Location: Grand Ballroom, International Convention Centre, 1 Darling Drive, Darling Harbour
Dress: Black Tie
Dream Ball returned in 2017 to celebrate the transformative effect that cosmetic industry supported charity, Look Good Feel Better, has on cancer patients. Once again this was a glamorous and spectacular event for the Australian Cosmetic Industry and supporters of Look Good Feel Better.
Canberra Day 2017 – Advocacy for innovation & contemporary regulation
|Date: Thursday 17 August 2017
Location: East Hotel, 69 Canberra Avenue, Kingston ACT
Time: 9am – 2pm (lunch inclusive)
This year’s event focused on Accord’s advocacy for innovation and contemporary regulation. As such, we invited key speakers to discuss the range of important and impending regulatory reforms and challenges facing the industry.
Invited speakers include policy officials from the Department of Health and Department of Environment, along with heads of TGA and APVMA. An update of Accord’s strategic responses to these reforms was also presented.
The Hon David Gillespie MP, Assistant Minister for Health joined members as our special guest to the Industry Leaders Dinner, 16th August 2017.
Member Only Training – Regulatory Basics – SOLD OUT
Date: Wednesday, 7 June 2017
Time: 9:30am – 4pm
Location: Rendezvous Hotel Sydney Central
Accord’s Australian Regulatory Basics training workshop provided an introductory overview of the Australian chemical regulatory system that affects Accord Members.
The training covered:
- A “big picture” look at the Australian Chemical Regulatory system affecting Accord Members
- A brief explanation of roles and responsibilities of Commonwealth and State/Territory government agencies
- A summary of the roles and responsibilities of three major Commonwealth regulators:
- Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA),
- Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA), and
- National Industrial Chemicals Notification and Assessment Scheme (NICNAS).
- Some of the key regulations that affect labelling including:
- Work Health and Safety (WHS) Regulations (GHS labelling),
- The Poisons Standard,
- Australian Dangerous Goods Code, and
- The Cosmetic Labelling Standard.
The training offered hands-on learning experiences, with practical exercises on navigating through the maze of regulations.
Industry Briefing & AGM 2017
Date: Thursday, 25 May 2017
Time: Industry Briefing 9.30am – 12.30pm / AGM 12.30 – 12.45pm
Location: The Westin Sydney, 1 Martin Pl, Sydney NSW 2000
The Industry Briefing featured:
- Gabriela Martinez, Brand Strategy Manager APAC, Buzzfeed
- Trish Hyde, CEO, Australian Packaging Covenant
- Paul Bloxham, Chief Economist, HSBC Australia & New Zealand
- Mark Cormack, Deputy Secretary Strategic Policy and Innovation, Dept. Health