Canberra Day 2017 – Advocacy for innovation & contemporary regulation
Date: Thursday 17 August 2017
Location: East Hotel, 69 Canberra Avenue, Kingston ACT
Time: 9am – 2pm (lunch inclusive)
East Hotel have very kindly also provided a ‘run of house’ accommodation booking rate of $230per night for the best available room. Simply book online (http://www.easthotel.com.au/) and quote code ‘MACCAU’ to receive the rate or email firstname.lastname@example.org P: 02 6295 6925.
Registrations are open for Accord’s Canberra Day Seminar and Industry Dinner over 16 – 18 August 2017. This year’s theme ties in with the newly released 2016/17 Annual Report and Accord’s key strategic plans.
Industry Dinner (6.30-9.30pm, Wednesday 16 August, Ottoman Cuisine)
Canberra Day 2017 (9.00am-2.00pm [lunch inclusive], Thursday 17 August, East Hotel, Canberra)
Further information on speakers and program will be released shortly.
Dream Ball 2017: Believe in the magic – Register now!
Date: Friday, 1 September 2017, From 7pm
Location: Grand Ballroom, International Convention Centre, 1 Darling Drive, Darling Harbour
Dress: Black Tie
Dream Ball returns in 2017 to celebrate the transformative effect that cosmetic industry supported charity, Look Good Feel Better, has on cancer patients.
To be held at the newly opened International Convention Centre Grand Ballroom in Darling Harbour, this is a not to be missed event!
Would you like to get involved in fundraising efforts for 2017? Email email@example.com
Member Only Training – Regulatory Basics – SOLD OUT
Date: Wednesday, 7 June 2017
Time: 9:30am – 4pm
Location: Rendezvous Hotel Sydney Central
Cost: $110 (including GST)
Accord is offering an Australian Regulatory Basics training workshop that aims to provide an introductory overview of the Australian chemical regulatory system that affect Accord Members.
The training will provide:
- A “big picture” look at the Australian Chemical Regulatory system affecting Accord Members
- A brief explanation of roles and responsibilities of Commonwealth and State/Territory government agencies
- A summary of the roles and responsibilities of three major Commonwealth regulators:
- Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA),
- Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA), and
- National Industrial Chemicals Notification and Assessment Scheme (NICNAS).
- Some of the key regulations that affect labelling including:
- Work Health and Safety (WHS) Regulations (GHS labelling),
- The Poisons Standard,
- Australian Dangerous Goods Code, and
- The Cosmetic Labelling Standard.
The training will also offer hands-on learning experiences, with practical exercises on navigating through the maze of regulations.
Industry Briefing & AGM 2017
Date: Thursday, 25 May 2017
Time: Industry Briefing 9.30am – 12.30pm II AGM 12.30 – 12.45pm (12.45 – 1.30pm lunch)
Location: The Westin Sydney, 1 Martin Pl, Sydney NSW 2000
Cost: Industry Briefing and AGM, including lunch – $120 (incl. GST)
Please note there is no cost to attend the AGM only.
We are pleased to confirm the following speakers for the Industry Briefing:
- Gabriela Martinez, Brand Strategy Manager APAC, Buzzfeed
- Trish Hyde, CEO, Australian Packaging Covenant
- Paul Bloxham, Chief Economist, HSBC Australia & New Zealand
- Mark Cormack, Deputy Secretary Strategic Policy and Innovation, Dept. Health