Chemical Scheduling Training
When: Friday 25 October 2019
Where: Sydney Habour Marriott Hotel
Accord’s Beginner’s Guide to Chemical Scheduling training answered key questions regarding the Australian risk management of household products.
Interested in future Accord training events? Please contact Stephanie firstname.lastname@example.org
AOSDAC & Accord Cleaning & Hygiene Conference: a healthier & sustainable future
AOSDAC is the biennial conference for industry associations in all the key economies of Asia and Oceania engaged in the production and sale of soaps and detergents. AOSDAC provides member organisations, and the companies they represent, with a unique opportunity for information sharing, networking and regional collaboration on key issues affecting the industry.
The Accord Cleaning & Hygiene Conference was held in conjunction with AOSDAC 2019 over two days in October. This unique combined event dissected the issues affecting our sector, examined cutting-edge innovations and explored sustainability initiatives both in Australia and globally, through an exciting program of international and national speakers.
Accord members can download the presentations from the member’s only area of the Accord website. Non-members who attended the Conference, please contact email@example.com for more information.
Canberra Day 2019
Wednesday 11 September 2019
Industry Leaders’ Dinner – The Boat House, Grevillea Park, Menindee Dr, Barton ACT 2600
Thursday 12 September 2019
Canberra Day Seminar – 9:30am-2pm (including lunch), the Hotel Kurrajong, 8 National Circuit, Barton, Canberra ACT 2600
The seminar featured presentations from:
- Ruth Ahchow | Partner, Economics, Regulation & Policy, Ernst & Young – on the inaugural analysis report on the economic contribution of the hygiene, personal care and specialty products industry
- Dr Brian Richards | Director, NICNAS, Department of Health – Transition to AICIS
- Dr Cheryl McRae | Assistant Secretary, Health Products Regulations, Department of Health – on the progress of TGA reform activities
- Anthony McGregor | Assistant Secretary, Chemicals Management Branch, Department of Environment & Energy – on the further development of the National Standard for Environmental Risk Management of Industrial Chemicals
Accord Industry Briefing & AGM – members only
When: 23 May 2019
Where: NSW Business Chamber, North Sydney
The Seminar featured presentations from:
- Paul Bloxham | Chief Economist Australia, New Zealand and Global Commodities, HSBC Bank
- Rebecca Mills | Director, Modern Slavery Business Engagement Unit, Department of Home Affairs
- Plus a panel discussion involving the Accord team will showcase the organisation’s new strategic plan, focussing on member value and advocacy to drive industry growth.
The event, hosted at the offices of the NSW Business Chamber, also expanded on the benefits for member companies via Accord’s recent membership with the Chamber on matters including workplace advice and the Australian Energy Program.
The briefing was followed by the AGM and a networking lunch.
Therapeutic Goods Advertising Code Training – members only
When: 15 March 2019
Time: 9.30am – 1.00pm
Member Cost: FREE
The TGA provided training to Accord members on the Therapeutic Goods Advertising Code, with particular reference to the new sunscreen provisions.
Cosmetic & Personal Care Conference 2018
This year’s Cosmetic & Personal Care Conference looked at the strategic and social challenges facing our sector and initiatives to overcome them.
- John Chave, Director-General, Cosmetics Europe – The state of the global Cosmetic and Personal Care Industry: where we are now and where we are likely to be in 2020
- Michele Levine, CEO, Roy Morgan – Are Australian consumers different?
- Lisa Powers, Executive Vice President, Public Affairs & Communications, US Personal Care Products Council – Scanning the horizon to identify emerging issues
- Peter Le Guay, Partner, Thomson Geer – Australian Consumer Law: getting ready for business, product safety and product claims
- Mark Daniels, Executive Director, Social Traders – Delivering social impact through your supply chains
- Fran Deighton, Strategic Solutions Manager, Junkee Media – “Youth: They’re Not Who You Think They Are”: What Personal Care and Cosmetic Brands can learn about the new youth consumer
- Sharon Kwek, Senior Innovation and Insights Analyst, Beauty and Personal Care, Mintel – Moving forward: the influence of mega trends on cosmetics and personal care
- Plus, panel discussions on Strategies to Future proof your brands and Meeting consumer needs and wants
Accord members can download the registration form from the member’s only section of the Accord website. Non-members, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.