Accord hosts a number of seminars and technical training sessions throughout the year. See below for upcoming dates or take a look at some of our past events.
The Packaging Challenge: Towards packaging waste circularity solutions for the cleaning & hygiene industry
Thursday, 15th September
9:30 am — 12:00 pm
Conference Education Hall
$160pp for Accord & ISSA Members
$235pp for non-members
CRAIG BROCK – ACCORD AUSTRALASIA
JENNIFER SEMPLE – ACCORD AUSTRALASIA
JAMES WILTSHIRE – DOW AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND
JOHN O’DONNELL – ALBRIGHT & WILSON AUSTRALIA
PETER TAMBLYN – AUSTRALIAN COUNCIL OF RECYCLING (ACOR)
ASHLEIGH GAY – EDGE ENVIRONMENT
Hosted by Accord Australasia as part of the ISSA Cleaning & Hygiene Expo
MC: Craig Brock, Director, Policy and Public Affairs – Accord Australasia
The packaging space in Australia is abuzz. We have National Packaging Targets. A National Plastics Plan. And states and territories have their eyes firmly fixed on ‘problematic plastic packaging’.
How is your business responding to these developments? In what future directions will we be expected to head? Are you worried that all forms of plastics may be on the hit list or simply that the changes are coming too fast to keep up with?
There is no doubt that COVID-19 has shone a spotlight on the importance of cleaning and hygiene. But companies in this product space have another opportunity to stand out as examples of proactive and responsible product stewardship through the packaging choices they make. And these will influence customers.
The Packaging Challenge is a sector-specific deep-dive into this highly topical sustainability issue for the cleaning and hygiene products industry.
In this special workshop you will:
- gain unique insights into the cleaning and hygiene sector’s current packaging use,
- hear about proposed industry-led initiatives to drive packaging sustainability improvements for the cleaning and hygiene products industry,
- get insider knowledge on the place of recycling in a circular economy for packaging waste,
- learn from experts across the packaging supply chain on innovations for circularity, including through packaging design, materials and feedstock choices
- hear packaging case studies from those in the supply chain, including raw material suppliers, and
- learn how to communicate your achievements in sustainable packaging.
Industry Briefing & AGM
Thursday 27 May | 3:00pm – 4:30pm AEDT |Online
- Edelman 2021 Trust Barometer with Danny Cowan, Director, Edelman Australia
- Economic outlook & post-budget update with Dr Ross Lambie, Chief Economist, the Australian Chamber of Commerce & Industry
Accord members can access available recordings for past Insight Hours via the Members area. Login to view
- Insight Hour Packaging Series: Labelmakers | 14 October 2021
- Insight Hour Packaging Series: APCO | 6 October 2021
- ‘Opening up’: a discussion of considerations and issues post-lockdown | 15 September 2021
- Insight Hour with Davoren Environmental: PFAS Review Report | 9 September 2021
- Looking After Yourself, People and Productivity in Unpredictable Times | 31 August 2021
- Insight Hour with Frost & Sullivan | 17 August 2021
- Online AICIS Workshop | 4 August 2021
- Insight Hour: Stewardship scheme for small-format cosmetics | 14 July 2021
- Insight Hour with GlobalData | 8 July 2021
- Insight Hour with the NZ EPA | 16 June 2021
- Insight Hour on the Voluntary Industry Animal Test Code | 8 June 2021
- Measurement Law Review – options for reform | 3 May 2021
- UK regulatory arrangements for cosmetics under Brexit, with the UK CTPA | 18 March 2021
- Modern Manufacturing Initiative opportunities, with the Department of Industry’s Manufacturing Division Engagement Branch | 11 March 2021
- Modern Slavery Statement requirements, with the Australian Border Force Modern Slavery Business Engagement Unit | 24 February 2021
- Personal care & cosmetic consumer insights with GlobalData | 18 February 2021
- The Australian Government’s Ban on Testing Cosmetics on Animals – Retail-level Communications Campaign | 10 December 2020
- Clean Beauty: innovation, compliance and promotion with UL | 12 November 2020
- Collaboration Opportunities for industry with Monash | 29 October 2020
- Post-budget economic update with HSBC’s Chief Economist, Paul Bloxham | 22 October 2020
- DAWE update on the National PFAS Position Statement and the National Standard for Environmental Risk Management of Industrial Chemicals | 15 September 2020
- NTC update on ADG Code 7.7 | 27 August 2020
- GlobalData Home Care Insights | 13 August 2020
- Hand sanitiser issues including DISER update | 21 July 2020
- NZ EPA Briefing on update to GHS 7 | 7 July 2020
- GlobalData the new ‘red lipstick effect’ | 25 June 2020
Bite-sized training on chemicals regulation in Australia. Members can access recordings for past Regulatory Bites via the Members area. Login to view.
- Overview of chemical regulations in Australia
- Introduction to transport regulations
- Introduction to WHS regulations (GHS, storage and handling)
Manual Dish Wash Consumer Insights with Novozymes
Wednesday 14 October 2020 | 11:00am – 12:00pm AEDT
Did you know 66% of Australians prefer to soak dirty dishes before washing? Join us next week to learn more about Australian consumer habits when it comes to manual dish washing at this free webinar, co-hosted with Accord member Novozymes.
Chemical Scheduling Training
When: Friday 25 October 2019
Where: Sydney Habour Marriott Hotel
Accord’s Beginner’s Guide to Chemical Scheduling training answered key questions regarding the Australian risk management of household products.
Interested in future Accord training events? Please contact Stephanie firstname.lastname@example.org
AOSDAC & Accord Cleaning & Hygiene Conference: a healthier & sustainable future
AOSDAC is the biennial conference for industry associations in all the key economies of Asia and Oceania engaged in the production and sale of soaps and detergents. AOSDAC provides member organisations, and the companies they represent, with a unique opportunity for information sharing, networking and regional collaboration on key issues affecting the industry.
The Accord Cleaning & Hygiene Conference was held in conjunction with AOSDAC 2019 over two days in October. This unique combined event dissected the issues affecting our sector, examined cutting-edge innovations and explored sustainability initiatives both in Australia and globally, through an exciting program of international and national speakers.
Accord members can download the presentations from the member’s only area of the Accord website. Non-members who attended the Conference, please contact email@example.com for more information.
Canberra Day 2019
Wednesday 11 September 2019
Industry Leaders’ Dinner – The Boat House, Grevillea Park, Menindee Dr, Barton ACT 2600
Thursday 12 September 2019
Canberra Day Seminar – 9:30am-2pm (including lunch), the Hotel Kurrajong, 8 National Circuit, Barton, Canberra ACT 2600
The seminar featured presentations from:
- Ruth Ahchow | Partner, Economics, Regulation & Policy, Ernst & Young – on the inaugural analysis report on the economic contribution of the hygiene, personal care and specialty products industry
- Dr Brian Richards | Director, NICNAS, Department of Health – Transition to AICIS
- Dr Cheryl McRae | Assistant Secretary, Health Products Regulations, Department of Health – on the progress of TGA reform activities
- Anthony McGregor | Assistant Secretary, Chemicals Management Branch, Department of Environment & Energy – on the further development of the National Standard for Environmental Risk Management of Industrial Chemicals
Accord Industry Briefing & AGM – members only
When: 23 May 2019
Where: NSW Business Chamber, North Sydney
The Seminar featured presentations from:
- Paul Bloxham | Chief Economist Australia, New Zealand and Global Commodities, HSBC Bank
- Alexander Coward | Director, Modern Slavery Business Engagement Unit, Department of Home Affairs
- Plus a panel discussion involving the Accord team will showcase the organisation’s new strategic plan, focussing on member value and advocacy to drive industry growth.
The event, hosted at the offices of the NSW Business Chamber, also expanded on the benefits for member companies via Accord’s recent membership with the Chamber on matters including workplace advice and the Australian Energy Program.
The briefing was followed by the AGM and a networking lunch.
Online Insight Hours
Insight Hours are a member-only offering, featuring topical presentations on a range of issues and trends relevant to our membership.
Accord Members can access past available Insight Hours on demand via our website.
These sector-specific roundtables are a fantastic opportunity for members to discuss the current operating environment and priority issues for their sectors. Watch this space for upcoming roundtables in 2022!