AOSDAC & Accord Cleaning & Hygiene Conference: a healthier & sustainable future
When: 23-24 October 2019
Where: The Marriott, Sydney
AOSDAC is the biennial conference for industry associations in all the key economies of Asia and Oceania engaged in the production and sale of soaps and detergents. AOSDAC provides member organisations, and the companies they represent, with a unique opportunity for information sharing, networking and regional collaboration on key issues affecting the industry.
The Accord Cleaning & Hygiene Conference will be held in conjunction with AOSDAC. The Conference will seek to dissect issues affecting our sector, examining cutting-edge innovations and exploring sustainability initiatives both in Australia and globally. Taking place the day after AOSDAC to capitalise on visiting overseas guests and counterparts, the combined event will present an exciting program of international and national speakers.
Accord Industry Briefing & AGM – members only
When: 23 May 2019
Where: NSW Business Chamber, North Sydney
We are pleased to confirm the following speakers:
- Paul Bloxham | Chief Economist Australia, New Zealand and Global Commodities, HSBC Bank
- Rebecca Mills | Director, Modern Slavery Business Engagement Unit, Department of Home Affairs
- Plus a panel discussion involving the Accord team will showcase the organisation’s new strategic plan, focussing on member value and advocacy to drive industry growth.
The event, being hosted at the offices of the NSW Business Chamber, will also expand on the benefits for member companies via Accord’s recent membership with the Chamber on matters including workplace advice and the Australian Energy Program.
The briefing will be followed by the AGM and a networking lunch.
Therapeutic Goods Advertising Code Training – members only
When: 15 March 2019
Time: 9.30am – 1.00pm
Member Cost: FREE
The TGA is providing training to Accord members on the Therapeutic Goods Advertising Code, with particular reference to the new sunscreen provisions. This training is free but registrations are required.
For more information please contact email@example.com
Cosmetic & Personal Care Conference 2018
This year’s Cosmetic & Personal Care Conference looked at the strategic and social challenges facing our sector and initiatives to overcome them.
- John Chave, Director-General, Cosmetics Europe – The state of the global Cosmetic and Personal Care Industry: where we are now and where we are likely to be in 2020
- Michele Levine, CEO, Roy Morgan – Are Australian consumers different?
- Lisa Powers, Executive Vice President, Public Affairs & Communications, US Personal Care Products Council – Scanning the horizon to identify emerging issues
- Peter Le Guay, Partner, Thomson Geer – Australian Consumer Law: getting ready for business, product safety and product claims
- Mark Daniels, Executive Director, Social Traders – Delivering social impact through your supply chains
- Fran Deighton, Strategic Solutions Manager, Junkee Media – “Youth: They’re Not Who You Think They Are”: What Personal Care and Cosmetic Brands can learn about the new youth consumer
- Sharon Kwek, Senior Innovation and Insights Analyst, Beauty and Personal Care, Mintel – Moving forward: the influence of mega trends on cosmetics and personal care
- Plus, panel discussions on Strategies to Future proof your brands and Meeting consumer needs and wants
Accord members can download the registration form from the member’s only section of the Accord website. Non-members, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Accord Export Seminar
When: 27 September 2018
Location: Aerial UTS Conference Centre, Sydney
The Accord Export Seminar featured:
- Lisa McAuley, CEO, Global Trade Professionals Alliance (GTPA)
Growing your business in international markets: the do’s and don’ts
- Bryan Clark, Director, Trade and International Affairs, Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ACCI)
Let’s talk about trade: how to reduce costs for importers and exporters
- Sara Cheng, Head of China Practice, NSW Business Chamber
From Sydney to Shanghai: Australian Business Chamber – your trusted partner
- Leela Hanson, Director, Business Development, Export Finance and Insurance Corporation (Efic)
Government finance to help your business grow internationally
Members can download copies of the presentation from the members-only area of the Accord website.