Accord Industry Briefing & AGM
When: 23 May 2019
Where: NSW Business Chamber, North Sydney
The Industry Briefing will showcase Accord’s new strategic plan, focussing on member value and advocacy to drive industry growth. The briefing will be followed by the AGM and a networking lunch.
Save the date for this important industry event!
AOSDAC & Accord Cleaning & Hygiene Conference: a healthier & sustainable future
When: 23-24 October 2019
Where: The Marriott, Sydney
AOSDAC is the biennial conference for industry associations in all the key economies of Asia and Oceania engaged in the production and sale of soaps and detergents. AOSDAC provides member organisations, and the companies they represent, with a unique opportunity for information sharing, networking and regional collaboration on key issues affecting the industry.
The Accord Cleaning & Hygiene Conference will be held in conjunction with AOSDAC. The Conference will seek to dissect issues affecting our sector, examining cutting-edge innovations and exploring sustainability initiatives both in Australia and globally. Taking place the day after AOSDAC to capitalise on visiting overseas guests and counterparts, the combined event will present an exciting program of international and national speakers.
More information on attending and sponsoring coming soon!
Therapeutic Goods Advertising Code Training – members only
When: 15 March 2019
Time: 9.30am – 1.00pm
Member Cost: FREE
The TGA is providing training to Accord members on the Therapeutic Goods Advertising Code, with particular reference to the new sunscreen provisions. This training is free but registrations are required.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Cosmetic & Personal Care Conference 2018
This year’s Cosmetic & Personal Care Conference looked at the strategic and social challenges facing our sector and initiatives to overcome them.
- John Chave, Director-General, Cosmetics Europe – The state of the global Cosmetic and Personal Care Industry: where we are now and where we are likely to be in 2020
- Michele Levine, CEO, Roy Morgan – Are Australian consumers different?
- Lisa Powers, Executive Vice President, Public Affairs & Communications, US Personal Care Products Council – Scanning the horizon to identify emerging issues
- Peter Le Guay, Partner, Thomson Geer – Australian Consumer Law: getting ready for business, product safety and product claims
- Mark Daniels, Executive Director, Social Traders – Delivering social impact through your supply chains
- Fran Deighton, Strategic Solutions Manager, Junkee Media – “Youth: They’re Not Who You Think They Are”: What Personal Care and Cosmetic Brands can learn about the new youth consumer
- Sharon Kwek, Senior Innovation and Insights Analyst, Beauty and Personal Care, Mintel – Moving forward: the influence of mega trends on cosmetics and personal care
- Plus, panel discussions on Strategies to Future proof your brands and Meeting consumer needs and wants
Accord members can download the registration form from the member’s only section of the Accord website. Non-members, please contact email@example.com for more information.
Accord Export Seminar
When: 27 September 2018
Location: Aerial UTS Conference Centre, Sydney
The Accord Export Seminar featured:
- Lisa McAuley, CEO, Global Trade Professionals Alliance (GTPA)
Growing your business in international markets: the do’s and don’ts
- Bryan Clark, Director, Trade and International Affairs, Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ACCI)
Let’s talk about trade: how to reduce costs for importers and exporters
- Sara Cheng, Head of China Practice, NSW Business Chamber
From Sydney to Shanghai: Australian Business Chamber – your trusted partner
- Leela Hanson, Director, Business Development, Export Finance and Insurance Corporation (Efic)
Government finance to help your business grow internationally
Members can download copies of the presentation from the members-only area of the Accord website.
Dream Ball 2018: Paint the Town Red
Date: Friday, 31 August from 7pm
Location: Grand Ballroom, International Convention Centre (ICC) Sydney
Dress: Black Tie
Dream Ball returned in 2018 to celebrate the transformative effect that cosmetic industry supported charity, Look Good Feel Better, has on cancer patients. Once again this was a glamorous and spectacular event for the Australian Cosmetic Industry and supporters of Look Good Feel Better.
Canberra Day 2018
Date: Thursday 23 August 2018
Location: East Hotel, 69 Canberra Avenue, Kingston ACT
Canberra Day 2018 looked at the reform landscape for regulation of Accord member products with the theme ‘Pathways to Better Balanced Regulation for Innovation’ .
- Adjunct Professor John Skerritt, Deputy Secretary for Health Products Regulation, Dept of Health – on TGA reforms
- Sharon Appleyard, First Assistant Secretary, Office of Health Protection, Dept of Health – on industrial chemicals reform
- Dr Chris Parker, Chief Executive Officer, APVMA – on APVMA priorities
- Dr Allan Freeth, Chief Executive, Environmental Protection Authory NZ – on EPA NZ reforms
- Brooke Donnelly, Chief Executive Officer, Australian Packaging Covenent Organisation – on APCO’s agenda and future activities for packaging
The Seminar was preceded by the Industry Leaders’ Dinner at Waters Edge Restaurant on Wednesday 22 August 2018, with special guest Senator the Hon Bridget McKenzie.
SOLD OUT – Dangerous Goods transport by road & rail training day – Members Only
Date: Sydney, 4 July 2018 | Melbourne, 2 August 2018
Accord offered a Dangerous Goods transport by road and rail training day for Accord Members, to help make the most of the expected benefits from the amendments in the new edition of the Australian Code for the transport of Dangerous Goods by Road and Rail (ADG Code) edition 7.6
The training covered:
- A “big picture” look at the regulation for the transport of dangerous goods
- A brief explanation of roles and responsibilities of Commonwealth and State/Territory government departments and agencies
- The ADG Code 7.6:
- Refresher covering basic and general requirements,
- New options for transport of cosmetics that are dangerous goods by road and rail (subset of LQ),
- New options for transport of household cleaning products that are dangerous goods by road and rail (subset of LQ),
- New provisions for Exempted Quantities.
If you are interested in additional sessions of the DG training, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
Industry Briefing & AGM 2018
Date: Thursday, 31 May 2018
Time: Industry Briefing 9.30am – 12.30pm / AGM 12.30 – 12.45pm
Location: Monash City Conference Centre, 30 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
The Industry Briefing featured:
- Dr Giacomo Ancri, R&D Chemist, Albright & Wilson Australia
- Kevin O’Grady, Director and Principal Consultant, Pinnacle Quality
- Mark Daniels, Head of Market & Sector Development, Social Traders
- Joanna Robinson, Marketing Director, L’OCCITANE Australia