Delivering safe, effective products that enhance quality of life is core business for Accord members.
To support this commitment and to complement Australia’s strong system of health, safety and environment regulation are Accord ‘s codes, guidelines and reports. These help ensure industry-wide best practice or assist in the safe use of products, to the benefit of society.
Accord also develops Information Papers on and Reports on topics of relevance to the industry – often relating to social or environmental sustainability issues.
Accord codes, guidelines, information papers and reports include:
- Climate Change: Information Paper & the case for action (April 2023)
- Hand Sanitiser Industry Benchmark (December 2020)
- Guide on Cleaners and Sanitisers that may have Incidental Contact with Food (July 2020)
- Ethical Sourcing Information Paper (June 2018)
- Palm Oil Information Paper (October 2016)
- Estimating the Relative Contribution of Major Categories of Formulated Household & Personal Care Products to Tropospheric VOC Emissions (July 2014 – in collaboration with NSW Environment Protection Authority)
- Industry Guideline for Labelling & Packaging of Liquid Laundry Capsules (June 2013)
- Industry Quality Commitment (2005)
- Code of Practice for Household & Commercial Cleaning Products Claiming Antibacterial Action (October 2002)
- Responsible Supplier Checklist